NOFA POLICY COMMITTEE AGENDA SEPTEMBER 14, 2021
Past action still under review; SADC Soil Disturbance on Preserved Farmland proposed rules- Cali attending SADC Meeting and will report to the Committee. Policy Committee has submitted letter to support revisions.
National Issues: NOC (National Organic Coalition) call held September 1, 2021 – “Advancing Organic with the Biden Administration”–
NOC to hold webinar on October 5th & 6th again in anticipation of NOSB (National Organic Safety Board) virtual meeting.
Register by October 4th to join us for one or both days: https://www.nationalorganiccoalition.org/events
National Organic Standards Board Fall 2021 Meeting dates:
Virtual via Zoom
LINK to NATIONAL ORGANIC STANDARDS BOARD
- Public Comment Webinar Day 1: Wednesday, October 13 from 12:00 – 5:00 pm Eastern
- Public Comment Webinar Day 2: Thursday, October 14 from 12:00 – 5:00 pm Eastern
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 1: Tuesday, October 19 from 12:00 – 6:00 pm Eastern
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 2: Wednesday, October 20 from 12:00 – 6:00 pm Eastern
- NOSB Public Meeting Day 3: Thursday, October 21 from 12:00 – 6:00 pm Eastern
- The meetings are open to the public, and no registration is required, except to sign up for oral comments.
State: Warehouse Development on NJ Farmland: Bills proposed– See LINKS Below
Protecting Farmland from Dedication as designated for Redevelopment:
A-5793– Introduced-June 1,2021- by Assemblyman Parker Space and Assemblymen Eric Houghtaling https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2020/Bills/A9999/5793_I1.PDF
Protection of Farmland from Rampant Warehouse Development:
S- 3688– Introduced -April 26,2021-by Senator Sweeney and by Senator Troy Singleton
Fiscal Estimate Bill- June1,2021- https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2020/Bills/S4000/3688_E1.PDF
Further reading: NJ Healthy Soils Bill– Proposed Bill-Introduced May12,2021 by Assemblyman Ron Dancer and Assemblyman Herb Conoway; https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2020/Bills/A9999/5631_I1.PDF
POTENTIAL ACTION – Testify in Committee and Publicize Process –