Hands-On Chicken Processing Workshop
June 3 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Date: June 03, 2023
Time: 10 AM – 12:30 AM
Location: Hard Cider Homestead Farm, 171 Cider Mill Road, Ringoes, New Jersey 08551
Description: Each participant has the option of experiencing the steps necessary to take a living mature meat chicken, into a processed, ready-to-eat product.
What You Can Expect:
- Meet like-minded people that want a better understanding on where their food comes from and how to turn a living animal into a food product.
- Establish contacts with local individuals that can broaden your network of human resources in the food and agriculture community.
- Gain a better understanding of what is entailed in bringing a one-day old chick into a mature meat bird.
- Become introduced to the necessary equipment to process any type of feathered animal.
- Watch the step-by-step skills used to safely and humanely turn a living chicken into a food product.
- Participate in each of the steps involved in processing you own meat bird, while being assisted by trained professionals in the poultry processing industry.
- Return home with your own processed meat bird, having gained an intimate knowledge of what is required in order to process your own meat birds.