Ever wonder what’s behind the falling demand for conventional processed fluid milk and the current so-called “Raw Milk Movement”? Dr. Joseph Heckman, PhD, will explain the reasons for the ever growing consumer interest in fresh unprocessed milk from organic cows on pasture. In his presentation, he will answer the following questions:
- How does taste influence milk choice?
- How does pasture feeding influence milk quality?
- What scientific evidence is there for health benefits from drinking fresh unprocessed milk?
- What are the differences between “Fresh Unprocessed Milk”, “Certified Milk” and “Raw Milk”?
- What were the historical reasons for the pasteurization movement?
- How does the safety of raw milk compare to that of other foods?
- What is the legal status of raw milk sales in New Jersey and Pennsylvania?
- Where can one find this very special organic food?
Dr. Heckman is the co-author of several books on how to carefully produce fresh unprocessed milk. Most recently, he published a review and analysis of the raw milk movement. Available at this link: Securing Fresh Food From Fertile Soil, Challenges to the Organic and Raw Milk Movements.
Please join NOFA-NJ and the Weston A. Price Foundation at the UU Church at Washington Crossing Pennington Road, Titusville, NJ for a discussion about the raw milk movement. The program will feature a talk by Dr. Joseph Heckman, one of the nation’s leading experts on the subject of raw milk.