A large part of NOFA-NJ’s mission and work is to educate and connect producers and consumers to the resources they need.
Not finding what you are looking for? Email NofaInfo@nofanj.org for assistance.
Certification and Organic Planning
Soil Health and Climate Adaptation Funded By an USDA NRCS Conservation and Innovation Grant
- Soil Health Workshops and Carbon Proxy Tests NOFA-NJ YouTube
- Soil Carbon and Soil Health NOFA-IC
- Stonewall Farm | Managing Soil Health: Grazing and Specialty Crops From NOFA NH
- Digging Deep Into Compost from NOFA NY
- Soil Carbon Restoration from NOFA Mass
- Soil Health webinars from OFRF
- Start with the Soil: The Groundwork for Healthy Plants Presentation (3.8MB PDF) by Stephanie Murphy, Ph.D., Director of the Soil Testing Laboratory for Healthy Soils, Healthy Plants: Laying the Groundwork for Success
Controlling Weeds and Pests
- Dacum Chart Managing Crop RotationCornell and NESFI
- Growing Grains Organically funded by a NE SARE Grant NOFA-NJ
- Marketing Organic Grain NOFA NY
- Organic Growers’ Research and Information-Sharing Network (OGRIN)
- Mermaid Hill Vineyard| Growing Organic Grapes in NH
- Ultra-Niche Crops Series Rutgers
- Managing Diseases of Organic Tomatoes in High Tunnels from NOFA NY
- Basic Single Leader Tomato Trellising NOFA NY
- Building Success Through Smart Farm Infrastructure: Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV NOFA NY
- Cultivating a Thriving Food Network: Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V, Part VI NOFA NY
- Cultivating an Urban Green Revolution & Building Real Food Security NOFA NY
- High Tunnel Grapes NOFA NY
- No-Till Hemp Production at Astarte Farm
- VOF Approved Planting Stock Sources for crops (pdf) »
- VOF Approved Compost Suppliers (pdf) »
- VOF Organic Crop Farming Resource Guide (pdf) »
- Frequently Asked Questions for Organic Hemp Producers » NOFA-VT
Climate Resilience & Adaptation and Environment & Recycling Info
Marketing and Business (From NOFA-NY)
- Introduction to Lean on the Farm
- NOFA NY Organic Price Index
- Lean on the Farm, Practical Application
- Managing the Risks and Rewards on Organic Farms
- Baskets to Pallets
- Adding Value with Organic Herbs
- Social Media Best Practices for Farmers and Producers
- CSA Promotions and Fundraising Toolkit from Fairshare CSA Coalition
- Guide to Direct Sales Software Platforms from National Young Farmers Coalition
Hiring and managing Labor: AJP Resources for Farms to Meet FJC Standards
- Festomato 2020! NOFA-NJ
- Organic Gardening NOFA-NJ
- Basics of Organic Vegetable Gardening from MOFGA
- Simple Actions Everyone Can Take to Mitigate Climate Change from NOFA
- Gardening in Small Spaces from University of Maine Cooperative Extension
- FAQs: Starting Seeds Indoors from Gardeners Supply Company
- Growing a Modern Victory Garden from Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Climate Victory Gardens 101 from Green America
- Cooperative Gardens Commission Gardening Education
31st Annual Winter Conference (2021)
- Click here for the entire Spanish-language transcript of the conference.
- Watch the Day 1 Opening Segment from Tony Kennette and Scott Morgan.
- Watch the Opening Remarks from Charles Rosen.
- Watch Nate Kleinman from the Experimental Farm Network speak about Crop Biodiversity.
- See the slides from Rowen White’s talk about Seeding Sovereignty.
- Watch our Food Justice Roundtable with Katia Ramirez, Sonya Harris, Justin Allen, and Paige Vaccaro.
- Watch Kendrya Close speak about the Foodshed Alliance.
- Watch Senator Cory Booker giving the Closing Remarks for Day One.
- Watch the Day 2 Opening from Tony Kennette and Scott Morgan.
- Watch Professor David Robinson discuss New Jersey’s Changing Climate.
- Watch Professsor Jacqueline Ricotta discuss Climate Smart Farming.
- Watch Chris Smaje talk about a Small Farm Future. (We don’t have the ability to share his talk from our Conference, but these are similar.)
- Watch Eric Toensmier discuss Carbon Farming.
- Watch Dan Mays discuss No-Till Organic Farming. (We don’t have the ability to share his talk from our Conference, but these are similar.)
15. Watch our NJ Farmer’s Roundtable and Closing Remarks.
32nd Annual Winter Conference (2022)
The Natural Farmer is a Quarterly NOFA-IC Publication. The paper covers news of the organic movement nationally and internationally, as well as featuring stories about farmers from New England, New York and New Jersey.
In general, this resource library follows the following framework.
Consumer Focus Areas
- Cooking in Season
- Cooking and Eating for Your Health
- Developing a Taste for Healthy Food
- Food as Medicine
- Eating on a Budget
- Food Security
Organic Farming Core Competencies
- Soil Health and Cover Crops
- Equipment Maintenance and Safety
- Transplant Production and Planting
- Direct Seeding
- Crop Rotation & Vegetable Family & Characteristics
- Pest Control
- Harvest Techniques: Washing, Cooling & Storing
- Post-Harvest Handling and Food Safety: Rules & Regulations
- Marketing & Small Business Management
- Livestock Management
Master Gardener Core Competencies
- Soils and Fertilizers
- Seed and Plant Propagation
- Plant Pathology
- Pest Management
- Food Security
- Food Systems
- Growing Vegetables and Herbs
- Growing Fruit Trees
- Selection and Care of Herbaceous Landscape Plants
- Selection and Care of Woody Landscape Plants
- Sustainable Lawn and Ground Covers