The National Organic Program (NOP) is pleased to announce a new course in the Organic Integrity Learning Center.
Organic Seed SearchSourcing organic seed and planting stock is a key requirement of organic certification. The supply of organic seed is growing; however, most organic operations still rely on non-organic seed for at least part of their operation, when an equivalent organically produced variety is not commercially available. The uneven supply of organic seed presents challenges to certifiers and inspectors in verifying compliance with the seed requirement. This course provides best practices for addressing some of the most common challenges that certifiers and inspectors face when reviewing seed searches. It also explains how to document organic seed searches and provides operations with resources for sourcing more organic seed and conducting variety trials.
Self-Enrolling in Learning Center Courses
How to Register for a CourseOnce logged into the USDA AMS National Organic Program, Organic Integrity Learning Center, signing up for a course is like buying a product at an online store, but all training is free.
To register for an NOP course in the Organic Integrity Learning Center, follow these steps:
- Click on Register for Course in the menu.
- Available courses in the program will appear.
- Click the green Register button for each desired course.
- The green button will change to a blue button that says, Added to Cart.
- You will see a shopping cart with the number of courses selected.
- Click the link that says Proceed to Checkout. Note: The tuition is $0 – All training in the Learning Center is free!
- A list of the courses you selected will appear. To confirm enrollment, select the green Confirm button.
- Go to your Dashboard to launch the course.
- Click on the course title from the list of Active Courses.
- Once you have completed a course, it will appear under the list of Completed Courses.
- To access all completed course content, register for the National Organic Program Training Archive course to review (read-only) material from all OILC courses.