The National Organic Program is pleased to announce two new courses in the Organic Integrity Learning Center!
Sampling and Testing
Residue sampling and testing play an integral role in verifying the compliance of organic farms and businesses. This course addresses the authorities under which certifiers conduct sampling and testing, describes the sampling planning process, examines appropriate responses to sample result findings, and shows proper procedures for collecting samples of organic products in a variety of settings. Designed for both certifiers and inspectors, this course provides key insights for those overseeing and implementing sampling and testing work as part of an overall organic control system.
Organic Integrity and Energy Infrastructure
This course addresses how organic certifiers and inspectors can identify and mitigate potential risks associated with energy infrastructure on organic farms. It also provides organic farmers who encounter infrastructure development with information to help manage what happens on their land. Practical case studies emphasize proactive communication strategies with the full range of stakeholders involved in energy infrastructure projects.
Self-Enrolling in Learning Center Courses
How to Register for a Course
Once logged into the USDA AMS National Organic Program, Organic Integrity Learning Center, signing up for a course is like buying a product at an online store, but all training is free.
To register for an NOP course in the Organic Integrity Learning Center, follow these steps:
- Click on Register for Course in the menu.
- Available courses in the program will appear.
- Click the green Register button for each desired course.
- The green button will change to a blue button that says, Added to Cart.
- You will see a shopping cart with the number of courses selected.
- Click the link that says Proceed to Checkout.
Note: The tuition is $0 – All training in the Learning Center is free!
- A list of the courses you selected will appear. To confirm enrollment, select the green Confirm button.
- Go to your Dashboard to launch the course.
- Click on the course title from the list of Active Courses.
- Once you have completed a course, it will appear under the list of Completed Courses.
- To access all completed course content, register for the National Organic Program Training Archive course to review (read-only) material from all OILC courses.