Resource Library - READ
Transitioning to Organic and Organic Management Practices
Controlling Weeds and Pests
1. Subscribe to this Plant and Pest Advisory from Rutgers University
Soil Health, Climate Adaption and Conservation
- Read this article on precipitation change from the US Global Change Research Program.
- Learn about these great new tools from Cornell on Climate Smart Farming.
- Read this Assessment of Climate Change Vulnerability and Adaptation and Mitigation Strategies from the Northeast and Northern Forests Regional Climate Hub.
- Read this climate report from NASA.
- Read these reports from the EPA.
- Read the results of the New England Adaption Survey.
- Read this report on Climate Smart Agriculture from the FAO.
- Look at this website about Climate Smart Farming from Cornell.
- Explore the USDA Climate Regional Hub.
Labor Practices and Mentorship
- Download the Argicultural Justice Project’s complete farmer toolkit here, or download parts of it below.
- Information on Living Wages.
- Handout Detailing Employee Rights.
- CATA/Farmworker Support Commitee website.
- For On Farm Mentors try this page on the NESFI site.
Crop Rotation and Specific Crops
- Guide to the Expert Farmers’ DACUM Chart for “Manage Crop Rotation System”
- NORTHEAST SMALL SCALE, “SUSTAINABLE” FARMER DACUM OCCUPATIONAL PROFILE
- Knott’s Vegetable Handbook
- Check out this resource on ultra-niche crops from Rutgers University, or find specific crop information below.
Can’t seem to find a resource on the internet or at the library? Whether you are looking for animal care, homesteading, organic farming advice, or information on food systems, NOFA-NJ may have your resource! Here is a listing of practical resource books, binders, and movies that NOFA-NJ can share with you from our lending library! NOFA-NJ Office Library Currently closed due to the pandemic, but will hopefully re-open Fall 2021. To request a resource please reach out to Nofainfo@nofanj.org or call 908-371-1111.