The Suppers Program, NOFA-NJ and Jammin’ Crepes are pleased to announce that every month from April to October on the second Thursday evening, we will offer an introduction to an NJ Organic Farm & its farmers, learn about their Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program or Oroduce Box, and cook from their Farm’s produce. The cooking class will be taught by Kim Rizk, NOFA-NJ Treasurer and Board member, and a co-owner of Jammin’ Crepes, a Princeton restaurant that is a celebration of our local, regional farms wrapped in a crêpe with an ever-changing menu that highlights the very best local ingredients at their peak of freshness. Tony Kennette will be filming our local farms and interviewing farmers. Kim will be preparing recipes that come from farm shares ad will inspire us to cook and eat more local organic.
Future dates and featured farms include:
- June 10: Sherry Dudas and Jim Kinsel of Honeybrook Certified Organic Farm, first offered a CSA Program in 1991
- July 8: Karley Corris and Jeff Lidzbarski of Jeff’s Organics farming for over 15 years, the farm was started as E-R & Son Farm in 1977
- August 12: Alec Gioseffi of Ironbound Farm
- September 9: Mike Baki of Genesis Farm, the farm was founded in 1980
- October 14: Matt Conver Cherry Grove Farm
Session 3: Honey Brook Organic Farm