FARM MANAGER ( Pittstown New Jersey)
CF farm is new fruits and vegetable farm. Currently looking for an experienced farm manager.Farm Manager is engaged in all aspects of vegetable production both individually and as the leader of a team. Regular tasks include transplanting, direct seeding, cultivation, field prep (tilling, fertilizing, bed shaping, laying and removing plastic mulch), row cover management, irrigation and cover crop management. Primary qualification :
good fruit and vegetable production skills and strong tractor/implement experience.
- At least 2 years in a management role on an fruit and vegetable farm (CSA farm experience preferred).
- Solid understanding of organic vegetable production methods
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to operate tractors and use broad range of tractor implements safely and efficiently (chisel plow, disc harrow, water wheel transplanter, bed shaper, rototiller, plastic layer, etc.
Compensation: salaried, 35k-50k DOE. Housing is available. Benefits include health insurance, free lunch.