We are a nearly 1,000 acre, pasture based, regenerative agriculture farm in the suburbs of Philadelphia. We believe in humane handling of our animals, manage our pastures through intensive rotational grazing, and focus on producing the highest quality artisan products, all of which are sold directly through our online store to our surrounding community. As an intern, you may be exposed to any or all of the following:
- Grass Fed Cattle Production
- Pastured Poultry Production
- Pastured Hog Production
- Holistic Pasture Management
- Irrigation and Fencing
- Order fulfillment
- Farm events
- And much more…!
What we require
You must have a willingness to learn and an interest in regenerative agriculture techniques. We require people who are full of ambition, situationally aware, will sweat all day, are teachable – positive – grateful – dependable – honest – and reasonably well groomed. Please be relatively physically fit, as much of our work is performed by hand. It’s quite possible that during your first two weeks, you will experience aches and pains that you’ve never felt before. You must also be self-motivated and comfortable working both alone and with others. Hours can be long and irregular – what ever it takes to ensure the work is completed. You will work closely with our family, employees, animals and customers. You are trusted to represent us well at all times. This is a position for someone who REALLY wants to learn how to farm and produce high quality, healthy food for the community! You will work hard, eat well, sleep more, learn what you’re capable of, be immersed in sustainable agriculture, and learn what it takes to produce food in a grass based environment. This is hands on in the dirt, blood, manure, and mud. You will see birth and death. This is real life.
You also must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
What we offer
A unique opportunity to learn all aspects of raising pastured meat in a suburban environment. These aren’t quiet, back country lanes, we operate tractors and other equipment on often busy roads and our animals graze pastures that have a steady stream of traffic driving by. Everything that we do is visible to the community. It is our vision to teach you the principles of regenerative agriculture, with a holistic approach to farming, animal husbandry, and land restoration.
- Minimum 12 week, full time commitment, up to 1 year. Preference is given to those applicants seeking the longest term.
- Minimum 5 day, 40 hour work week. Some weekends are required. When needed, Saturdays are typically only chores. Sundays, if needed, are very minimal, usually no more than a few hours. Larger tasks and projects are completed Monday – Friday. Some days will be longer than others.
- A 20% discount on everything sold through our store.
- Complimentary access to our “seconds” products – meat that tastes amazing but might not look the greatest and therefore is pulled from inventory and not sold.
- Free farm gear including: t-shirts, hats, etc.
- A monthly stipend
- The ability to develop and implement a season long project – you must submit the idea to the farm managers for approval.
Please note – you must live in driving distance to our farm as we are unable to currently offer housing.