For inquiries and applications use the online link HERE:
Enza Zaden / Vitalis Organic Seeds is looking for a highly motivated Product Developer to join our team in the US. (Remote position in the mid-Atlantic or Northeast USA.)
What will you do as a Product Developer?
As Product Developer, you trial, evaluate and report on experimental and commercial variety performance in small to medium scale farming applications. As part of the Market Grower sales team, you will work in close cooperation with the Product Management, Sales, and Marketing departments. Your aim is to support the decision-making process and successful introduction of new varieties, as well as support the growth of our commercial assortment. Crops include diverse open field and high tunnel vegetables, with a focus on organic and “local for local” production systems. Significant travel throughout the Eastern USA will be required.
- Maximization of output of the product portfolio and contribution to the development of new products within the crops and areas of responsibility.
- Development of trial plans with growers and dealer partners.
- Coordination, evaluation, and reporting of results of research and commercial variety trials.
- Development of new and existing grower contacts throughout the target region.
- Maintain strong relationships with our dealer partners and provide them with ongoing support.
- Creation of content for marketing purposes, including photographs and testimonials.
- Participation at regional tradeshows and industry events.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience within the agricultural industry, familiarity with organic and “local for local” production systems preferred.
- Excellent sales skills (gains trust, establishes a business objective, identifies customer needs, explores solutions, develops action plans, and overcomes objections through negotiation).
- Professional, assertive, and clear communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong skills in planning and organization, influencing / persuading and you have strong management skills.
- Frequent travel in territory required (60-70% of the working time); occasional travel outside the region, including internationally.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.