The Spring Garden Educator is a paid internship opportunity working with school-aged children at City Sprouts Garden sites throughout the communities of Paterson, Passaic, and Clifton. We are looking for enthusiastic, responsible participants who have experience working young children.
- Job duties include:
- Act as an outdoor educator and implement City Sprouts lessons with children at various City Sprouts Garden sites
- Maintain vegetable garden production at all sites under supervision of the City Sprouts Manager
- Perform daily program data collection
- Follow organizational policies and standards for safety and liability
- Spring Garden Educators must
- be comfortable working outdoors with plants and nature
- be able to transport yourself between sites
- have experience working with children
- be able to pass a background check
- Spring Garden Educators will work between 8-12 hours a week, from the weeks of March 15th – June 3rd
- Spring Garden Educators will be paid $13/hr
- City Green requires all interns and employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted in order to qualify for employment. All applicants will be asked to furnish proof of vaccination prior to being offered a position.
Please answer the following items (if applicable) and submit to City Green along with a resume, cover letter, and one letter of recommendation to email@example.com. Positions are filled on a rolling basis. Early application is encouraged.
Please contact City Green at 973-869-4086 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- What is your educational institution, major/concentration and anticipated graduation date? Do you intend to receive academic credit for this internship? If so, how many hours are you required to complete?
If this internship would be satisfying educational requirements, please detail your educational goals for the semester you would serve as a City Green Intern and share how you think the Internship will address these educational goals.