$56,000 – $60,000
The Tenmile Farm Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to alleviating hunger by producing nutritious vegetables, fruits and proteins for distribution to food insecure New Yorkers. Through its partnerships with Emergency Food Programs, Tenmile Farm is committed to ensuring that New Yorkers seeking emergency food are served with dignity and have equitable access to nutritious, locally grown food.
- Processing and organization of all harvested crops
- Coordinate and work closely with field crew
- Oversee all wash and pack operations and supervise wash and pack facility
- Keep harvest data and inventory records
- Maintain food safety guidelines and keep accurate records
- Execute the production schedule, providing supervision and direction
- Prioritize and manage workload to ensure completion of scheduled activities.
- Guide activities to improve system efficiencies, reduce expenses and operating expenses
- Measure water and energy usage to meet resource-use efficiency metrics
- Maintain a neat, orderly, and safe washing, packing and storage facility and operation.
- Ensure compliance on all food safety material, food safety best practices, as well as maintain, monitor, and verify all food safety logs
- Support the farm manager and production crew with field operations as necessary.
- Willing to perform other duties as needed and work cooperatively with members of the farm team
- 2 years of experience of vegetable production for high performance commercial markets
- Strong understanding and experience in water management, climate control, and production management
- Demonstrated knowledge of “best” agricultural and food safety practices
- Comfortable working with inventory management software, databases, and email
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask and manage other staff
- Ability to lead and work under pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays as required
- Valid driver’s license
Please send a resume and cover letter to Will Nelson, Farm Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org