Seeking Farm Manager
Beach Plum Farm is hiring a Farm Manager. Position to start immediately. Housing available for the right candidate.
Salary 45-50k, Benefits, 401k,
Housing may be available for the right candidate
Position to start Immediately
Position Overview: Responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing the operation of vegetable production and its related units such as garden, field, fruit, parterre, growing houses, and perennial crops. Daily supervision and direction of farm staff. Development, implementation and maintenance of the quality standards for the farm to ensure optimal productivity and adherence to brand standards.
Livestock experience desired but not required.
Farmall 140 hi Crop
New Holland Loader
John Deere 4066 w/Loader
John Deere 5075e
Implements include: Raised Bed Plastic Layer with Fert Hopper, FSpeedo potato digger, tine weeder, hillside cultivator, rainflo transplanter, two disks, 1 plow, etc
1 high tunnel, 1 low tunnel, 2 greenhouses, and wash/pack facilities.
These duties may be described as, but not limited to:
* Develop an annual strategic plan for the vegetable/livestock production.
* Plans, develops, and directs the operations of major farming functions such as herbs, fruit, flowers, perennial and seasonal crops and growing houses in order to meet financial targets. On-site market is 7 days during peak and partner restaurant deliveries are 3-5 days per week.
* Develop fertilizer and pesticide application plans
* Determines rotation of crops.
* Identifies staff development and training needs and ensures that training is obtained.
* Works with Human Resources team to develop and grow internship programs.
* Ensures proper labor relations and conditions of employment are maintained.
* Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to work.
* Maintains open communication with owner, general manager, Chefs, and Accounting team.
* Performs related work as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of practical farm management.
* Ability to keep records of time, production and costs, and to make reports and recommendations for improvement in methods and equipment.
* Thorough knowledge of soils, crops, and farm building and equipment care and maintenance, knowledge of drip irrigation maintenance and supplies.
* Ability to manage the use of materials and equipment efficiently and economically.
* Knowledge of greenhouse maintenance and management.
* Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including but not limited to, assignment of duties, evaluating work progress and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
* Ability to multi-task and lead by example.
* Most work tasks are performed outdoors. Must be able to work outside for long hours in the peak of summer heat and winter cold performing various tasks including physical labor.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
* Must be knowledgeable and able to maintain all safety and health regulations.
* High school or equivalent education required.
* Minimum five years agricultural experience involving farm planning, methods, and production; and experience in supervisory farm work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience is required. Experience with sustainable or organic farming is desired.
* All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Beach Plum Farm standards. Minimum uniform standards met and enforced.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Please email questions and/or cover letter and resume to Christina Albert at firstname.lastname@example.org