The Northeast Organic Farming Association of New Jersey is committed to educating farmers, gardeners, land care professionals, and consumers about organic and sustainable food and agriculture. Please click below to learn more about our on-going educational workshops and events.
Beginning Farmer Program
Our Beginning Farmer Program is designed to help those individuals who are considering farming as a career path.
Here are examples of some of the programs we offer:
- Exploring the Small Farm Dream – If you are considering launching a small farm enterprise, but are unsure of where to start, this course is for you! Developed in cooperation with the New England Small Farm Institute and presented by New Jersey’s 2016 Outstanding Young Farmer Jess Niederer
- Farmer Twilight Meetings – Twilight meetings are informal workshops geared towards growers – large and small – that highlight unique and innovative production and marketing methods that are keeping agriculture viable in New Jersey.
- Farmer Courses – courses for every level including farm planning, business courses, technical assistance, and more. Includes Exploring the Small Farm Dream and Tilling the Soil of Opportunity.
- Organic Gardening Series – hands-on courses covering topics ranging from compost to seed saving to pests
- Permaculture Design Certification Course – an 8 day intensive teaching the principles of permaculture for home-gardeners or professionals
- Organic Land Care for Homeowners – workshops designed to help you treat the spaces around your home organically and safely
- Consumer Education – farm-to-table workshops and courses to help you make the most of your farm fresh food